Saturday, February 7, 2009

My name is Aisha and I am muslim.

My name is Gina. Well I should better say my name now is Aisha, and I love this name. Why did I change my name?
All started a few years ago, searching in the net, without any direction. I wanted to learn some new language, so I entered to a site to learn Italian... I never thought that instead of Italian I was going to learn something that was going to change my life.
Before this, I had never had in mind what to be a muslim was, or even what Islam really is.
Living in the Western World, in a place where there are not muslim people, who could think on that?
Things went moving fast, and I started to meet muslim people. At the begining I was interested on their culture, their way of life, and little by little I realized that they were very kind, and nice.
One day, searching again now about what to be married meant in the muslim world, I met the person that would give a totally different sense in my life.
Among millions of people surfing the net, Usman Malik, a man from Pakistan and now my most beloved brother, saw me there, asking about many things, and he kindly offered to explain and teach me what was to be a muslim. I felt more and more interested on all what was related to Islam, and as I was getting deeper in it, the biggest the desire to be a muslim. One day, brother Usman asked me if I really wanted to be a muslim and of course my answer was: yes. But, how could it be possible? No muslim people here! No mosques! Brother Usman said, wait for a call. It was late night here.
I went to bed, and some minutes after, the phone rang, Usman was on the phone and told me to repeat the words: ¨Ila Illah Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasulu Allah¨.My life changed, my heart was full of happiness and a great calm was felt in my soul. After that, he said: your new name is Aisha, and you have re-born.
Yes, my name is Aisha, and I am muslim.

No comments:

Post a Comment